Today the newest Aion 4.0 part 1 was implemented on Korean Public Test
Server (PTS)! It mainly focus on level cap increase to 65, new zones,
skills, items, instances, new forst and… new “Gunner” class
It seems that “Aion 4.0″ expansion will be split into 3 major
“updates/parts” – part 1 will go live on 20th December, part 2 on 16th
January 2013 (with Bard class), part 3 around end of 1st Q of 2013 (with
Have a look on the first part of Aion 4.0!
BE AWARE!!! This is “fan-made” translation from the original
Korean text. It does NOT contain all information or may be partially
1. Gunner class has been added! (probably more detailed info of the new class will be released soon)
2. Level cap was increased to 65.
1. Added a lot of new skills for all classes (translation inc)
2. Added new kind of “cumulating skill system” – the longer player
charge the skill, the more powerful will be its effect. There will be 3
stages of acumulating.
Two new zones were added:
1. Northern Katalam
1. New instance “Steel Roses” (name unofficial) was added.
2. “Auto creating party system” has been improved and now can by apply to auto-create groups for most of the instances.
1. New fortress have been added in Northern and Southern Katalam. They
are available during different days and hours in the week.
2. Added some kind of bases in certain zones (like Morheim/Beluslan,
Eltnen/Heiron, Northern and Southern Katalam). It seems [not sure tho]
that each fraction can conquered these base from NPCs and if succeed,
they will be replaced by x fraction NPC and can be used as “safe camp”.
1. New quests have been added:
2. Added new daily fraction related to Northern and Southern Katalam.
3. Quests Tracker UI was improved (added tabs with recommended
quests/quests for you lvl/recent quests/quests from the area you are in
1. New items has been add due to lvl cap increase. [as always ]
2. New 65 lvl Abyss items has been added. Abyss items (40-60 lvl) can be
sold to special NPC [not sure if/what NPC give in return], new kind of
30-60 lvl leather Abyssal items has been added (with magical stats).
Amount of medals and AP for 45-55 Abyss items has been reduced.
3. New “Synthesis system” has been added – it allows to synthesize two items, but it has random result.
4. News kind of medals has been added and Mithril medals will be easier to get.
5. New kinds of coins/tokens have been added and can be acquired from quests and instances.
1. Login screen and character creation were redesigned. Gunner class selection has been added.
(up recommended appearances, down previews of costumes/wings ect.)
2. “Hal of Fame” has been added. [not sure that it is, but it allows to preview costumes?]
3. Preferences UI has been changed
4. Title selection window has been changed – now it allows players to
chosen title they would like to display and later chosen to link the
stats from other title.
5. Item info window has been changed.
6. Target info window/bar has been changed
7. Personal channel management window has been changed [not really sure that is the "private channel"...]
8. Transparent map window has been changed
1. Character slot limit has been increased [?]
2. Delation time for 35-35 lvl characters has been changed to 5 min [?]
3. “10% more exp” buff has been added for legions which fultill certain
conditions: legion lvl 3 or above, 10 ppl online at the same time.
And many more…
In the latest soon-to-be-released in Korea patch 4.0, max level cap will be increased to 65!
Therefore, we can expect not only a new zones / instance / quests but
also a new skills! We would like to share with you info about new skills
added in Aion 4.0!
New skills may be divided into 3 categories: survival skills, rvr skills and new accumulating skills (a new type).
Many thanks to Kalsteine, for translating skill description from Korean
1. Survival slills – skills designed to help in surviving
2. PvP/RvR skills – mostly designed for PvP/RvR encounters and mostly deal AoE damage.
3. Accumulating skills – new type of skills: the longer you cast/charge them more powerful will be effect of the skill.